Living at the beach was a big dream of ours and last year we decided to make it a reality. We bought an ugly house in a great neighborhood and fixed it up. The full renovation took about 12 weeks. The reason it took a little longer is because we totally burned out for a couple of weeks and took a break. We had a little bit of help from friends, family and professionals, but did most of the renovations ourselves to save on cost. When you’re working that hard for a long time, it helps to just take a break once the house is comfortable enough to be livable. That is exactly what we did.
Interior Renovation Components
Below is a list of everything we did to transform our ugly house into our dream home.
- Tear down 9 walls to create an open concept living area
- Repair drywall from wall removal
- Replace floors
- Replace baseboards
- Replace all interior and exterior doors
- Build a closet for storage
- Replace all fans & install canned lighting
- Install a dining room chandelier
- Re-texture ceilings in bedrooms (rest of house still pending)
- Paint the interior walls & baseboards
- White-wash the fireplace
- Remodel the kitchen
In the following galleries, you will see all of these components come to life. We hope that you enjoy!